Do you know that you can make money by selling products online? Gone are the days when people go to shop and queue up for hours although it is still going on but not as it should have been considering the rising population on daily basis. The internet has made this easier and possible that any kind of products can be sold and bought online provided you have the means to satisfy that need (be it selling or buying).
How would you go about it?
In this write up I am going to walk you through how you can sell any product(s) of your choice online. All that is required is having Internet connectivity to either your mobile or tablets or laptops or computers which I know these days most of these items are at every one’s homes and reach.
Surf the web by going through Google Search for online stores that allow the selling of the kind of product you have. Take note, the world is a global village and everything can be achieved or received from the comfort of your home.
This bring me to an Online store that has millions of stuffs in it stores known as Amazon and you too can make money selling your product or brand on Amazon.
You will ask me how you will do that, this is the reason for this write-up so follow me and learn how you can have your products on Amazon be it used or brand new products.
But before we delve into the main issue, let’s have a brief History of how Amazon came into existence and by whom it came to be.
What is Amazon and when was it created
Trading Name: Amazon (formally known as Cadabra, Inc. which was mistaken spelt as Cadaver that angered the founder to give it a new name as well as give it a catchy name that can easily by used.)
Founded: July 5, 1994
Founder: Jeff P. Bezos
Where it is Situated: Seattle, Washington, USA
Area Served: Worldwide
Amazon.com Inc; is an American Electronic Commerce or (e-commerce) and cloud computing company based in Seattle in Washington. It was founded by Jeffrey P. Bezos on July 5, 1994 but was launched to the public in 1995. It is one of the largest internet retailer in the world especially when it is measured by revenue and market capitalization and second largest in terms of total sales.
Amazon.com website started as an Online bookstore and later diversified into selling video downloads/streaming, MP3 downloading/streaming, audio book downloads/streaming, software, video games, electronics, apparel, furniture, food, toys, and jewelry.
It produces consumer electronics too – like Kindle e-readers, Fire tablets, Fire TV, and Echo – and is the world’s largest provider of cloud infrastructure services (IaaS and PaaS).
It also sell certain low-end products like USB cables under its in-house brand name – Amazon Basics. It has separate retail websites for the United States, the United Kingdom and Ireland, France, Canada, Germany and many other countries. It offers international shipping to certain countries for some of its products.
HOW CAN ONE GET ACCESS TO THIS COMPANY
It takes about four different stages to get into selling your choice product on Amazon. These are as stated here-under:
- Create a Seller Account
- You create a listing for your item
- Next You Pack and ship your items to Amazon and
- Finally Continue to manage your account
Let’s explain the different stages for ease of reference.
Go to Your Homepage drop down box and click on the “Your Account as indicated in the box below. Your homepage can be accessed under your name at the top right-hand side of the page
2: Click on “Your Seller Account. This is found near the top of the menu on the right column of the page.
There are some steps to follow as to become a seller on Amazon and these steps are as indicated on the box below but which I will specify here too:
- Decide on what you want to sell . There are more than 20 products categories open to all sellers and at least 10 more are available to professional sellers only.
- Choose a Selling Plan: There are two major selling plans available in Amazon. 1. Becoming a Professional seller and the second is Becoming an Individual Seller. With the Professional Seller, monthly fees are paid say $39.99/month + other selling fees but it is for unlimited selling. This plan is suitable for people who have more than 40 items or more to sell monthly. While with the Individual Seller, no monthly fees but you pay 0.99 per sale + other selling fees and it is ideal for those who choose to sell a few items on Amazon.
- Register and set up your account. To start selling, choose the account that fits your plan or goals; then register online. Every seller set up the shipping options, notification preferences and other account details during registration.
3. Click on “Start Selling”: This takes you to a new page where you have to choose what type of selling you want to do. Know that with the Individual Seller that has no monthly fees, Amazon receive commission from each sale made while with the Professional seller, you pay monthly as indicated above.
4. Type in your relevant information: The next page takes you to a page that you will write your seller information such as your Credit card information (that will be used in event direct deposit from funds are released and you need to refund an order with out selling other items).
Information such as : Seller (Business) name, and Billing address and
Click continue as shown below. Before you click the continue remember to check the small box as to agree with their terms and conditions.
5. Verify your identity by providing your phone number: Just type in your phone number, Press “Call Me Now” and type the 4-digit pin you will be given into your phone after which you receive an automated phone call.
Thereafter you will receive a congratulatory message alerting you that your account set up is complete.
6 Then complete your Registration by Clicking on Register and Continue. This finishes the setting up of your Seller Account.
The Second Part is for You to Create a Listing for your Item(s). To do this:
- Log into your Amazon account: If you haven’t created an account with Amazon. this is the opportunity to create an account by going to the Log on page; type in your email in the box, Click no to password available and Click the Submit Button then follow the prompts for other information.
You will provide your name, email address and a password you will like to use.
2. Search for the item you want to sell on Amazon. This could be done by searching through Amazon’s database or catalog and select the category of product you wish to sell because Amazon may have your kind of product but where it cannot be located in their database you can create a new product. You can use Keyword to search and locate the products you choose to sell. Keyword(s) could be the name of item, or title of the book or film, as well as the edition of the product.
It s very vital that you find the exact version and format of your item so that customers will receive exactly what they ordered. May it be known to you that unsatisfied customers will dish out bad reviews for poor service.
Amazon will provide a list of recent items you purchased through its database so if you like to sell any of those items, you can select from the list.
3. Click “Sell Yours Here”
4. Select the condition of your item: Here you choose from a list of different condition types, which ranges from new to used to collectibles. Select the condition which best suits that of your item.
Although you can sell some items under Collectible listing, most sellers prefer the Used-like New, Used-Very Good, Used-Good, or Used-Acceptable listings. But know that certain conditions exist for selling things under collectible when found and when you try to sell those types of items.
5. Add a Condition note, about your exact product: This note allows you to add extra information about the condition of your item.
Use this part to let your customers have more details concerning the condition of our item that were not indicated by Amazon.
You may also add notes about your service for example:
- No box, cartridge only
- Instructions are not included
- Few scratches on front cover and disc
- First class delivery.
6. Select a price for your item: You can set your item at any price but you have more chance of selling if the price is set below Amazon’s selling price and that of other competitors.
7. Next is to Select the Quantity of the particular item you have at hand: Select how many of this item you would like to sell. For Individual Sellers, it is usually at one (1).
8. Select Your Shipping methods: This section allows you to expand your shipping zone to multiple countries and via multiple methods other than the Standard shipping.
Expedited shipping is also offered to all sellers but it includes additional responsibilities. If an individual seller, its kind of easier to keep your shipments to your own country.
9. Click “Submit Listing: This puts your item on sale on Amazon.
Stage/Part 3 : Pack and Ship your items
- Go to your seller account
- Click “View your recent marketplace orders”, you will find this option under the Manage your orders heading.
- Locate the order
- Verify that the status is complete: This means your item is ready to be shipped. Click the order number of the item.
- Access the order Detail page
- Verify method of shipment
- Print a Packing slip and address label. You can do this by clicking the “View your current orders” link in your seller account and then clicking on the “Print Packing Slip” link next to your order. This packing slip provides the address the item is to be sent to and a summary of the order.
- Package item: Your item needs to be packaged well so that it stays in good condition on its way to your buyer. The order summary is placed within the package and the address stucked or written on the outside.
- Mail the item: You can send your order whatever way you want. Remember that the quicker the customer gets their item, the better the review they are likely to give.
- Confirm shipment: Back on “View your orders”page, click the “Confirm Shipment” button and type in the delivery information.
- Receive Payment: Only once shipment is confirmed will a buyer’s account be charged. For legal reasons, first time sellers have to wait for 14 days before money is disbursed to their accounts.
- After this period, you are allowed to request one disbursement per day.
Final Stage/Part 4: Continue to Manage Your Account.
- Visit your seller account: The seller account link is in the “Your account page on the right-hand side.
Your seller account page lists all the links that you need for your selling needs. These are the main links you will be using as an Amazon seller.
- View your current inventory: This feature helps you to see how many items you are selling
- View your orders: This link will help you see your existing orders.
- View your payment account: This helps you to track your payments from existing orders.
2. Change or Add to your account information by using the seller account information link – use this to update any account information that will be relevant for Amazon or for your buyers.
3. Search for a specific order: If you are wondering about the status of a specific order, use the search box to look up for it.
4. Wait for an item to be sold: When one of your items is sold, you will receive a confirmation email from Amazon giving you details of the order. How long you have to wait will depend on the popularity of your item. Popular items sells in a matter of a few hours (assuming the price is set up just right to the buyer).
5. View your ratings and feedback routinely: This is a valuable tool after you have sold your item. The more ratings you have the better they are, the more likely future customers will be to buy from you. Review ratings on the view your ratings and feedback page in your seller account.
6. Sell More Items: Continue to create more listings for items you will like to sell and continue to provide buyers with stellar customer service.
7. Issue a refund for an order, should the need arise: In the event that a customer is dissatisfied by your service and you agree to give a refund, you can give a full or part refund on the “issue a refund for an order” page in your seller account.
Its been an interesting area to talk about “How to Make money selling Products online” with specific reference to Selling on Amazon.
As already explained Amazon.com is a global website where thousands of merchants sell their products. Amazon.com also offer commission opportunities through their Associates / and or Affiliate programs. This brings me to what Affiliate is? This will be treated in subsequent write-up.
I want you to stay connected to this website- getwisdoms.com as we shall uncover the secret to making money online, and if you want to learn how to become an Affiliate member to most of these Business organizations, Click Here as you will be amazed at what you will come across in terms of learning, website building (See my write up), etc.
Join me in my next issue to know more about other opportunities to make money online. Your comments, questions, suggestions etc will be highly appreciated. So don’t hesitate to contact me for any queries and I will be glad to respond to you.